Tuesday, June 8, 2010

le south

I know I’ve said before I wasn’t too fond of French cuisine (see here), but maybe it was just being in Paris and all the heavy sauces and “to-do” that can be made with French food. All I can say is the food in the south of France, particularly those made by the sweet and gracious family of a friend not only fed my body, but also my soul.

Our first meal we both had the traditional bouillabaisse which is a regional specialty. It’s a fish soup served with toasted bread that you slather with a spicy spread and top with grated cheese. You then float these little boats of deliciousness in your soup. This is the one we had the first night. Frenchie’s mom made us a much better one the next night…



We also had one of my faves by the harbor in Cassis for lunch, mulles frites…



And of course the veggies we had, most from our friend’s family farm were to die for fresh and delicious. Even the olive oil that dressed the salads and used in the dishes was from their own olive trees. And the cheese...don't even get me started on the cheese. We were in heaven!

Seems we are true Southerners no matter what country we are actually in.

No comments: