Friday, December 3, 2010

Street Food- Japanese Style

We decided to hit a nearby "fair" for lunch after visiting the Castle in Himeji. There were a lot of interesting items being served up, but the toothless little old men motioning us to their booth of stir fried noodles and veggies won us over...



Afterward I hit the ice cream stand for a twist of vanilla and green tea...




I'm seriously addicted to green tea ice cream. So good!

We had some street food the next day in Miyajima where I had my first taste of octopus balls...



I'm really not into the sauce, although the pastry with chunk of tentacle inside was pretty tasty.



I, of course, got a bean cake before leaving, but unfortunately couldn't take a picture since I had to eat it before this guy attacked me for it...



If you think I'm joking take a look at the brochure New Guy had in his back pocket...



These deer weren't messing around!

No comments: