Thursday, August 4, 2011

sao paulo

One of our friends from Sao Paulo is married to a chef. I can't tell you how much I wish we spoke the same language because I've always been dying to talk to her about food. We were in India together for God's sake! Sadly, we can only communicate with a mixture of broken Spanish and charades. I wish you could have seen the waiters in Costa Rica that use to laugh at us having breakfast together.

Although her husband still works with my wife, they have a 1 year old so they've settled in Sao Paulo. They took us to one of their neighborhood restaurants on Sunday.

As I've been eating waaaay too much beef here in Brazil, I went with the herb crusted baked chicken with mushroom risotto...



I always find baking chicken difficult. It always turns out so dry when you remove teh skin. I'm thinking they seared the crust on before baking. I could have asked the chef but that's a difficult one in charades.

Jules went with the pasta with prawns...



Very yummy.

As we were dining with So, who is a big believer in ending a meal with something sweet (hey, you don't have to twist my arm), we had dessert...



Oh my gosh, molten chocolate cakes are seriously my favorite dessert and this one was perfection.

Obviously, I was too busy eating to take a picture once we dug in. I have only had a chance to make these once and although I had a couple too many glasses of wine and overcooked it a bit (hey- it was New Year's Eve)the taste was spot on. Recipe I used is here.

No comments: