Thursday, January 29, 2009

Easing In

Our hotel has three restaurants; an Indian, a Japanese and a “global” that serves everything from Indian to Italian. We chose the latter for our first dinner in India. Jules had a pizza, one girl had pasta and another had an Asian dish.

I chose to have an Indian dish because, well, because I’m in freaking India. Although, I’m sure soon enough I’ll be ordering pizza too.

I had the hyderabadi dum biryani, a dish I was familiar with from eating at Bombay Café in Atlanta. Basmati rice and chicken with fragrant spices are all cooked together in a sealed pot. Delish.

The best part was that along with the typical yogurt it was served with a spicy pepper gravy. I was really happy to be in control of my spice level and towards the end of my meal I was drenching everything in it and almost sweating.

It was so good that we ordered it from room service the next night.
From blog photos

No comments: