Thursday, October 28, 2010

a first

Frenchie was in town for a long layover Monday and took me for my first conveyor belt sushi experience.

I should have taken a video since I really didn’t get a great photo and seemed to only snag the boring omelet…



I’m so happy he was there to show me the ropes for my first time. The concept isn’t complicated- you see what you want, you grab it and whatever design of plate it’s on is the cost of that particular piece or pieces of sushi. You stack up your plates as you finish and a guy will come around and tally your bill- easy enough. Without him though I would have never known that I had my own hot water tap to make my own tea and other little nuances like grabbing my soy bowl from another rotating belt underneath. I have no doubt it was a much less haphazard experience than if I had ventured it alone. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Frenchie!!

Aside from just the quirky and fun experience- the sushi was amaze-balls. So fresh and yummy and perfect! I didn’t even know what fish I was eating half the time and I didn’t even care.

Definitely a once a week lunch spot...

No comments: