Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Nawlins

On our first trip to the Big Easy with the international peeps we tried to expose them to as much of the food culture that we could. After some pretty heated discussions regarding the frying of oysters and drinking vodka with breakfast, we finally got them to try some of the staples of New Orlean's cuisine...jambalaya, oysters poboys, shrimp etoufee, catfish, Bloody Mary's, etc.

Of course they all loved it, even the fried oysters.

This year the returnees knew their faves and partook with gusto.

I finally got my beignet, although I ate it too quickly to grab a photo. Actually, I was a little lazy (read: drunk) about taking food photos at all. Which stinks because we had some great food.

Apparently, I only got a pic of my jambalaya lunch...




and some soup...

No comments: