Monday, March 30, 2009

rikki-tikki-RAKKI

While in Arahova we dinner at a great restaurant named Flox...the hotel owner had recommended it and promised great food and an even better atmosphere. It did not disappoint in either cases.

Jules had the rooster with pasta...she thought it just tasted like chicken but I thought it was a little gamy, in a good way. I also thought they did a nice job cooking it for 3 hours so it was juicy and tender like a hen.



I had the traditional lamb (sorry Beth Y. but hey, I am in Greece) with potatoes. I adore the simplicity of the dishes here...just some olive oil, a little oregano and you've got yourself a wonderful meal.



We all had too much Rakki- a traditional Greek liquor (think gasoline) served warm with honey mixed in.



The owner was a merry old soul and brought us pitcher (yeah, pitcher) after pitcher of the stuff. It was my first time drinking it and I pray my last.

2 comments:

ablackwelder said...

Rooster? Oh.....I almost stopped reading the blog......If you had just said 'poultry' I wouldn't have been curled in a ball, crying in a corner right about now.
:-)
Poor little chicken....

MAV said...

funny you feel bad for the rooster but not the baby lamb!