Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oui Oui

Remember when I talked about how I didn’t love the food in Paris?  And remember that I later fell in love the food in the south of France?

Well, we had the chance to put two and two together and voila, we love eating in Paris!  And it didn’t hurt to have Frenchie to guide us around to restaurants and  translate menus.

We went to a wonderful little Provencal restaurant where we started with some  crispy little fish with aioli…

DSC04990

Pardon the color, we were sitting outside under a red heat lamp.  They were delicious.

I went with the duck breast with fingerling potatoes and mushrooms…

DSC04995

And Jules went with the escargot pasta…

DSC04996

Oh, little snails- you are so delicious. 

We had an even better meal the next night, but the place was so quaint and local I didn’t want to pull out my camera like a big ol’ honking tourist. 

We had such a better food experience this time around. I think we covered all the basic French food groups on our weekend- croissants, escargot, foie gras, duck, cheese, and baguette.  Frenchie even introduced us to saucisse (dried sausage) which is so good and canned fish liver which we actually really loved.

very. yummy. weekend.

No comments: