Monday, October 31, 2011

Won’t you guide my plate tonight…

Fins eat a lot of reindeer so naturally, I had to try it while there…

DSC05446

It was a reindeer wrap with a pepper cheese sauce, bleu cheese with  nut syrup and linden berries.

DSC05447

How cute was the little bleu cheese reindeer? And for the record it was AMAZING bleu cheese. 

I’m not a huge fan of peppercorn sauces which was what the “pepper cheese sauce” tasted like to me.  The reindeer was very similar to deer meat, was very tender and tasted pretty good.

I thought I’d feel really guilty when we went to the reindeer farm the next day, but I actually felt even better.  The indigenous Sami people that practice reindeer husbandry rely on meals like these for their livelihood.  Circle of life, people.  Circle of life.

No comments: