Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mongolian

Our lunch with the sweet Mongolian family has so far been the best food I’ve had in China.

Spicy tofu, celery with chicken, egg with tomatoes (the eggs were fresh from the chickens wandering about), shredded potato stir fry, steamed bread and some sort of pickled radish…

DSC_1295

My favorite was these delicious steamed buns filled with lamb and potatoes that she made in her giant steamer…

DSC_1296

We ended with some tea with fresh milk (why do I think we can go around partaking in unpasteurized dairy products in developing countries?!?)…

DSC_1302

I didn’t care for the tea, but the meal was truly one to remember.  Huddled around a small table in the kitchen of this sweet, sweet family was just incredible.  I really felt like we were in an episode of “No Reservations”.  Truly amazing!!

No comments: