Thursday, November 10, 2011

not-pot

I adored hot pots in Japan.  Well, except for that whole “sea pig” incident. 

A boiling pot of water, thinly sliced beef, vegetables, maybe some udon noodles and a little dipping sauce and you have yourself one yummy and also healthy meal.  I totally plan on getting a table top unit when we get home.  And have a kitchen.

We went to hot pot in Hohhot (yes, it does rhyme- I think) and I was not impressed…

DSC05449

Although I did like the whole concept of a spicy pot, I hated (read: really freaking hated) that they put anise in the water and it was oily. We had beef and lamb and it just wasn’t that great to me.  The noodles they gave us took about 10 minutes to cook and were too gummy.  The pot was also a mile away from each seat (and I’m not considered short here) so cooking was a laborious  up and down nightmare. 

Also, there were these weird fish balls that really grossed me out…

DSC05452

I’m sure we’ll try it again before we leave, but so far- I am not impressed.

No comments: